Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Society makes me sad...

As I'm hanging out on the couch this morning drinking my coffee and watching the news (I'm turning into my grandparents! ACK!) I'm scrolling through Facebook (nothing new to be honest).

I like babble.com a long time ago on Facebook.  My cousin had a part in the creation of the website so that is why.  Check it out if you haven't already.  Very interesting stuff on there.

ANYWAY... (easily distracted human here)
They had posted posted an article that caught my eye. It is about a woman that photographs herself out in public.  She was not trying to "catch" people staring at her but that is what happened.

I have always felt that people are staring at me.  I have been awkward in public.  It hasn't been until recently that I have started liking my body again.  It has been transforming and changing.  It's not perfect, it's not where I want it to be but the changes are happening.

Looking through the pictures that the woman posted, I'm disgusted by people!  Society is awful!  If you don't look like something out of a magazine, people stare, giggle, make fun, and are just plain mean.

Grow up!

http://www.babble.com/mom/brave-photographer-has-lens-turned-on-her-as-strangers-gawk-at-her-weight-photos/?cmp=SMC|bbl|soc|FB|Main|InHouse|041213|Photo||famE|Social||&utm_campaign=babbleeditors&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral#wait-watchers

Society makes me sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment