Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Health update

Back in January I had an ovarian cyst rupture.  That was the most painful thing I have ever felt.  A few days later, I went to the doctor, she gave me different birth control and sent me on my way with order for an ultrasound and complete physical.

Monday of spring break (March 17) I went to the doctor for my complete physical.  I got 9 vials of blood taken from me (stupid vampires!) and went on my merry way.

At my physical, the doctor prescribed me Spironolact, Metformin and Seasonique (on Friday Lipitor).  These are for PCOS, PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome.  I am currently on 6 medications :(

Later that day, I went for a transabdominal and transvaginal ultrasound to check on the status of my ovarian cysts.  I was given no information about what was on the ultrasound.  I would have to wait for that.

Fast forward to Friday:  I had received an email stating that my lab results are in.

My A1c results are high, testosterone is very high, total cholesterol extremely high, Triglycerides very high, LDL cholesterol is high and Vitamin D low. 
Not the best picture, sorry about that but you get the idea. 

Friday afternoon I get a phone call about the high cholesterol.  Now I had already read this in the above notes but it was still nice to hear it from a person.  

Friday afternoon/evening, I decided that I was going to feel sorry for myself and pout in bed.  

Saturday I got myself out of bed and went to lunch with my friend Brittany and her son.  It was great to get to talk to her and giggle/laugh.  We got all caught up!  Her son, the monkey, played on at McDonald's while we talked.  

All was good until I got home... I checked my mail and found a very nicely worded letter from the Imaging Center.
In case it is difficult to see... Left ovary is 2.3 cm in length with is normal, the right ovary is enlarged with a dominant 3.6 cm right ovarian cyst and additional smaller subcentimeter right ovarian cysts.

Left ovary 2.3cm or 0.9 inches
Right cyst 3.6 cm or 1.4 inches
To give you an idea about size...


more of a comparison
Needless to say, I've been down and depressed the last few days.  I'm pulling myself out of it but I'm still down.  Honestly, all this is just overwhelming and I've been trying to figure out how to get this all down on the blog. 

At first, I didn't want to to write things down, I've got to keep something private.  But, I realized that getting it down and telling my real feelings about this would help me.  I know I'm not the first person in the world diagnosed with any of these health issues, but it's a first for me.  

If you see me and I look down or sad, I probably am.  I just have a lot on my mind and need work out everything.  It's a lot for a girl to digest :(

I hope no one has to deal with health issues like this but I know many of my readers have.

I don't want scary health stories or anything that will freak me out.  Please be respectful of my fears and feelings.  That's all I ask...

Today's thought:

“Self pity becomes your oxygen. But you learned to breathe it without a gasp. So, nobody even notices you're hurting.” 
― Paul Monette

No comments:

Post a Comment