Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Functional Medicine

So a little back story for ya'll here...

During teacher appreciation week we had a lady come in and give us chair massages.  We also got a complimentary consultation.  So I said what the hell, I'd try it and see.  If anything I'd say no.

So I went and long-story-short, was able to get all my 36 visits paid for.  I had shared some concerns with the doctor and we are moving along now.

So here it is: I'm fat!  Shocker right!  Well, he did a bunch of blood work and I found out I'm diabetic (early early stages, my A1C was 6.4).

The doctor decided to detox me.  I'm on ClearVite which is drink supplement thing.  It's a little gross but whatever.  I'm also supposed to only eat fruits and veggies.  I'm cranky!  I'm super cranky and want to cheat.  I'm so hungry!  I'm trying to drink water but it's not helping.

I had a HUGE salad for lunch but I need more.  I just don't know if I can do this "detox"  I know it's only day 1 but OMG!  I feel awful :(

Can I cry?!

30 days total and on day 15 I get to add in chicken and turkey.  This can't be healthy can it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what is this functional medicine to see what it's all about go to this website

http://www.functionalmedicine.org/about/whatisfm/

I just don't know how I feel about all of this.

Any insight?

No comments:

Post a Comment