Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Self-doubt, sabotage, forgiveness

You are your own worst enemy!

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.
 Lies!  All lies!  Sticks and stones may break my bones... True!  But words will never hurt me... FALSE!!!!!!!!!!!

Words often hurt worse then the sticks and stones.  I still hear the mean things people have said to me.  I repeat these self-deprecating words often.

That is why I am my own worst enemy.  I have to stop the negative self-talk.  This doubt and sabotage does me no good.  My mind is always working overtime.

How do you turn off this self-talk?

If you know, by all means, please share!  Here is what my mind sounds like right now:

Going to a tropical island... you are an idiot!  How can you go?  You are fat!!  Why would anyone want to look at you?  You have to wear a swim suit, dumbest decision you have ever made!  You are just wasting your money!  You won't have a good time, you will be too worried about what you are eating, what you look like, and how many people are making fun of you!

YIKES!

See... awful self-talk, self-doubt or whatever you want to call it.

I have to learn to forgive myself, that is not the easiest to do.  I have to change the way I talk to myself. This is not the easiest to do.  You would think that after a year of changing my thinking and changing my body that I would have started on this path.  Not so much :(

Don't let this sabotage you like it is sabotaging me.


No comments:

Post a Comment