Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Monday, August 20, 2012

Friends

Please move in and out of our lives.  It is strange how someone comes into your life for a short or long time and then for no reason that person leaves.

Each time a new person comes into your life, you learn something new about yourself.  You may not realize it until many years later but you do.

Someone has come into my life and WON'T LEAVE! *wink*  Here's our story...

In January 1996 I met Jessica.  At first I thought she was a little weird but we had a connection.  I remember sitting in the back of the seats in the theatre one night hiding and talking about guys we liked (I still remember who we were talking about) and giggling.

We discovered we had very similar situations at home and became instant BFFs.

We had many laughs, many nights driving the "limo", many nights listening to music while cruising 6th and singing loudly, and most of all having fun.

We have had our sad times too.

I missed both of her weddings, one because I didn't like the guy and the other I was too far away and couldn't afford to go.  I regret that!  I missed an important day in her life because I was selfish the first time.

I missed all 3 of her kids' births.  That just makes me so sad.  I wanted to be there.  She just couldn't seem to time it right!  LOL!

I was there for her when she lost her cousins to tragic car accidents many years apart, when her grandmother (my elementary school secretary) passed away, and some other bad times that I don't think is appropriate to put here.

She was there for me when I lost my grandparents, cousin and step-dad.  Although she was not with me, I know her thoughts were with me.

Jess is always there for me.  We can not talk on the phone for months and when we finally do, it's like we just talked yesterday.

We laugh, we cry, we talk, we argue, we agree, we disagree, and most of all we love each other and know that our friendship has lasted longer than some marriages.  16 years is a very long time.

Although you won't leave my life, you obviously have things to still teach me.

I love you Jessica Jean "Gertrude" Scott!  You are the sister that I chose and you can't get rid of me that easy!

Happy Birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment