Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Title Unknown

There are some things about a person that aren't often public knowledge.

I feel like I have done a good job at being an open book.  I won't say that I have told you everything.  There are just some things that... well see my first sentence.

One thing you need to know about me...

I am a person that lives with anxiety and depression.  I can't tell you when it began.  I can't tell you how long I have been dealing with it.

It sucks!


Lately I have been a weepy, emotional mess.  Before you ask, I'm not pregnant.

I have been under a lot of stress lately which is a huge trigger for me.  A lot of people don't understand   depression and all that comes with it.

Each person handles their depression differently.  Some people work well with Mental Health professionals.  Some people do well on meds.  Each person is different.


Symptoms of depression in women include:
  • persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" mood
  • loss of interest or pleasure in activities, including sex
  • restlessness, irritability, or excessive crying
  • feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness, hopelessness, pessimism
  • sleeping too much or too little, early-morning awakening
  • appetite and/or weight loss or overeating and weight gain
  • decreased energy, fatigue, feeling "slowed down"
  • thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts
  • difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
  • persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment, such as headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain


The symptoms in bold are the ones that I am fighting.

Although I am on medication for anxiety and depression, sometimes they are just not enough. I am going to go to the doctor next Thursday and chat with her about changing my meds.  I feel like my body has adjusted to the meds and they just aren't working like they used to.

To my co-workers and anyone else that has to deal with me.  Please be patient with me!  I'm trying and just really need to get thru the manic mood swings that comes with depression and anxiety.

Please understand that I am not manic depressive but I do have my mood swings.  If someone is manic...


The symptoms of mania include:
  • abnormally elevated mood
  • irritability
  • decreased need for sleep
  • grandiose ideas
  • greatly increased talking
  • racing thoughts
  • increased activity, including sexual activity
  • markedly increased energy
  • poor judgment that can lead to risk-taking behavior
  • inappropriate social behavior

Being patient is the best thing you can do.






1 comment:

  1. Wow. I don't even know where to begin, so I guess I will just start with this...

    THANK YOU for sharing!!! It is so nice to know there is someone else that deals with the same. And I do mean EXACTLY THE SAME. (although at times, my dr has expressed concern for some of the manic symptoms, but we have been able to manage those easier than the others) um, wow, i just really told everyone that. yikes.

    From one to another who truly gets it, hang in there girl! You are stronger than you know...that is exemplified (don't know if i used that word properly) just by the fact that you have made it this far, you know and acknowledge what the issues are and you have the courage and desire to face them head on. We will make it!!

    "Be the kind of woman that every morning, when your feet hit the floor, the devil says, 'oh shit, she's up!"

    Lol! One of my favorite quotes I found online once. I have it on my phone and it gives me a little chuckle mood boost when i feel down.

    Know I care and think about you! I hope that you had a great trip and are back safely and the rest of your week is going well!! TTYS! <3 <3

    #faith #life #love #passion #strength #courage #boss #laugh #friendship #encouragement

    ReplyDelete