"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Piece of advice

I think I have seen it all at the elementary school level.  Nothing truly surprises me anymore.

This is my 6th year of teaching and to be honest, I haven't really enjoyed any of it.  

Okay, that was a lie... I enjoy working with the kids each and every day.  The parents, um, not so much.  I would say 90% of the parents have a good head on their shoulders and have taught their kids well.  The other 10% spend so much time babying their kids that the dependency issues have my blood boiling.  

Example #1: Parents that spend little to no time with their kids so there is separation anxiety.

Example #2: Parents that do everything for their kids so they have created dependent kids.

Example #3: Parents that do not discipline their kids so have kids that do not have any boundaries.

My advice... spend time with your family, create kids that rely on you yet are independent and don't need you for every little thing, and give your kids boundaries but let them explore and be free. 

Can you tell what kind of day I've had?  I think I got my workout in before 9am.  I'm bordering on a sinus infection so having to chase a child up a flight of stairs was not very good.

Tomorrow will be a better day!  Tomorrow will be a better day!  Tomorrow will be a better day!

On a different note, I've been under calories for the last few days in a considerable way and excited to step on the scale on Friday to see how things have changed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment