Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Oh Boy!

Something interesting happened yesterday. It's disheartening to say the least.

I went to run and got about half way around the track and couldn't breathe.  I felt sick to my stomach and just wanted to puke.  I forced myself to go on. After two times around the track I just couldn't go on.

I thought I was going to pass out. It was scary.  I thought it was because I needed to take my allergy meds.  Unfortunately it was not the case.

Someone asked if I have asthma.  I don't think I do but I did do some research.

Why Does Exercise Induce Asthma?

During normal breathing, the air we take in is first warmed and moistened by the nasal passages. Because people tend to breathe through their mouths when they exercise, they are inhaling colder and drier air.
In exercise-induced asthma, the muscle bands around the airways are sensitive to these changes in temperature and humidity and react by contracting, which narrows the airway. This results in symptoms of exercised-induced asthma, which include:
  • Coughing with asthma
  • Tightening of the chest
  • Wheezing
  • Unusual fatigue while exercising
  • Shortness of breath when exercising
The symptoms of exercise-induced asthma generally begin within 5 to 20 minutes after the start of exercise, or 5 to 10 minutes after brief exercise has stopped. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms with exercise, inform your doctor.

I think this is it!  I'm calling the doctor tomorrow.

After taking Primatine Tablets, I can breathe better.

I'll update once I talk to the doctor.

Prayers that I can do the Color Run on Saturday without too many issues.

Thought of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment