Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Friday, June 29, 2012

Less than 12 hours!

In less than 12 hours I will be doing my first 5k!!!!!  I'm so excited!

Something interesting happened in my brain today.  I'm not sure what happened but I am now at peace.  

Last night and today I volunteered at check-in for the Color Run. I was manning the iPad and getting bibs for people.  I had a lot of fun!!!

Anyway, as I was checking in someone, I couldn't even tell you what the person or people looked like but I heard my trainers voice in my head. I just kept hearing him say "Don't get discouraged!  Look how far you've come!"

I had that OMG moment!  He's right!  So what if I walk the whole 5k?!  Could I have done this in January?  HELL TO THE F^(& NO!

This is only a small part of my journey.  I'm not feeling so angry about not being able to run part of it.  I'm not feeling discouraged either.

I'm at peace now knowing that regardless of how I cross that finish line tomorrow, I am FINISHING!  Isn't that the most important thing anyway?

Team Bad Teachers Rock no matter how we cross that finish line!

I love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment