Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Post Op day 3

I know I haven't written much in the last few days so "Let me ‘splain…No, there is too much. Let me sum up." (Inigo Montoya Princess Bride).

Monday morning was surgery.  I don't remember much after the nurse asked me if I wanted some meds to help me relax.  The next thing I remember is waking up and being asked to stand up to sit in the wheelchair.

I have to say, the pain med button was my best friend Monday.  I don't remember my mom and stepmom leaving.

The pain was unbearable for awhile.  They made me get up and walk, I was proud of myself for doing it.  The nurse and the bf walked with me.

Later in the day I went for a walk again, releasing gas along the way again (it's actually quite funny because all I was doing was burping).  When I got back from my walk I began dry heaving.

I think it was the meds and all that fun stuff that gets in your system.

Tuesday morning I was able to come home, after I peed on my own of course.  That was the most amazing feeling even though I was only gone about 24 hours.

Slept most of Tuesday although I did get up and do some walking.  Didn't sleep too well Tuesday night, woke up with bad pain.

Wednesday I stayed awake a lot longer and didn't take my pain meds much.  I went for a walk to the fountain at the front of the subdivision (about 1/4 mile there and back).  Felt good to get out.

Today, I'm feeling even better.  Everyday gets a little better.  Still hurts to bend over, getting up and down from the bed or chair hurts.

I want to go to WalMart to get a few things and I also want to just get out of the house!

I'm feeling a nap in my near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment