Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Post Op Day 6

Things have been going surprisingly well.  The hardest part is getting all the fluids throughout the day.  I find myself getting dizzy at because I'm dehydrated.  I think I just need to get in the habit of taking a bottle of water with me EVERYWHERE.

I'm moving around really well.  The only thing that is really bothering me is that I'm a stomach sleeper.  I have found that if I fall asleep with a pillow under my left side, there is no pain.  But I wake up facing right and the pillow somewhere on the floor.

I wish I could just stay put so I don't wake up in pain!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought I'd give a low-down of the weight.

1st pre-op visit with doc: weight 311

Liquid Diet Start: weight 304

Surgery day: weight 292

Day 6 post op: weight 283

All of this happened within 1 month!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the next week I get to add cottage cheese, eggs, hummus, and refried beans to my ever growing list of foods I'm allowed to eat.  YAY!

So far I've had 2 instances of food that just didn't sit well, it's called dumping.

I had a soup with WAY TOO MUCH sodium.  It didn't take long for me to need to run to the bathroom and see the symptoms.

Then I drank a shake too fast and felt gross and nasty with some of the dumping symptoms.  That was fun!  NOT!

It's all about learning what you can and can't tolerate and what you can and can't eat.

Signing off for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment