Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Post Glow Run Analysis

Don't feel like spending a lot of time on the Glow Run anymore.  I wasted too much time already on something that I have no desire to do again.



To start with the disorganization from Friday continued over to Saturday night.  We were like sardines packed into the KC City Market.

At one point, some lady comes pushing through the crowd of people and elbows me right in the kidney.  I'm a little bruised from it.

My water was gone before we even started so I didn't get any water until mile 1.5.  I was so thirsty when I got there that I chugged my water.

A little after mile 2 I felt like I was going to throw up so I had to sit down.  Probably shouldn't have but it was good to rest for a minute.  Right before the black light tent I had to sit down again.  I was extremely light headed at that time. I finally got up and finished the race but stopped one more time to put my head between my knees so I wouldn't pass out.

Between the heat, lack of water, getting elbowed in the kidney and being smushed while waiting to start, I felt awful.  I chugged my bottle of water when I got through.

Unfortunately when I got home, I puked.  Luckily it was all water. I've never felt that way after a workout.  It was awful!

Someone asked me if this has discouraged me from doing another one.  The answer... Definitely NOT!  I just need to take some time and get my body in better shape.  Erika and I want to do the Jingle Bell Walk 5k in December so that's what I'm shooting for.

I'm just happy that I finished.  I feel good about it today. It was a long frustrating night and I'm just happy to be waking up another day.



Here are my results
Results: Age 627 out of 713 Time 49:57.6 Overall 4274 out of 4840 not bad for getting sick and having to stop

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Proud of you for seeing it through! Sound like it was a mess! I would be really irritated as well! At least you have the satisfaction of finishing it 100% if nothing else & you are already ready to move to the next one & know what you need to work on in training for it. Hooray to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete