Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Skin

As you all know, I'm pretty honest and blunt about my body.  Weight loss isn't pretty... in fact, it's a little gross if you think about it, especially if you have quite a bit to lose.

When I was getting out of the shower today I noticed something... unpleasant.  Saggy skin!!!!

It was scary!

Honestly, I had the saggy skin of someone fat... You know the more "solid" saggy skin, the skin with a thick layer of fat underneath. It's extremely unpleasant to think about.

As I am losing the thick layer of fat (winter might be hell, don't have the flubber to keep me warm!  LOL!), I am toning up.  Strength training is definitely helping on that front.  You can't tone up the skin but the muscles tighten and then the skin tightens.

The skin that really bothers me is the tummy skin around my pelvic area.  Although my tummy is shrinking, the skin is being overcome by gravity... Damn you Gravity!!!!  I can tell that it is tightening and I can feel my ab muscles (OMG!  I have muscles there!).  Unfortunately, the skin is sagging down around the fold between my upper body and my thighs.  Not pretty, I'll tell you that much!

By the way, I can see my collar bone *woohoo*

It's one thing to clean the rolls of fat, it's another to clean the rolls of excess skin.  It's just disturbing!

I would rather have this problem then the problem of having fat layers under my skin!

C'est la vie!




No comments:

Post a Comment