Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Water

Ah water... I love the stuff!  I love to drink it, shower in it, swim in it, and walk in it (rain?!  What's that?!)
My ladybug cup with a pink and black color changing straw

Research has indicated that over 75% of the US population is chronically dehydrated.  That is really scary!!  I really try to drink as much water as I can.  A while ago I bought a 2.5 gallon jug at Wal-Mart for $5.00.  Since I don't have water and ice in the door of the fridge, I can keep water cold at all times.  I drink more water that way.

Drinking water has many many health benefits.  Just a few include...

1. Weight Loss~ replacing water with high calorie or chemically inundated beverages cuts unnecessary calories from your diet.  Also if you think you are hungry, drink a glass of water you are probably dehydrated.

2. Energy~  I can tell when I haven't had enough water while exercising.  I got dizzy and weak.  I was dehydrated and felt like passing out.  My trainer made me stop and drink water. 

3. Headache Cure~ dehydration can lead to headaches, sometimes drinking a glass or two of water can cure your headache.  Now if you are like my friend Cindy M., then the headaches are caused by something entirely different.  Get better soon Cindy! 

4. Healthy Skin~ Want a healthy glow?  Drink water!

5. Digestive Health~  In order to digest food, your body needs water. Eat fiber and drink water, no constipation and a regular tummy!

6. Cleansing~ We have so many toxins and waste in our bodies that it's no wonder we get sick.  There is something to be said about body cleanses.  They are unhealthy but drinking water can help remove waste and toxins from your body. 

7. Better Exercise~ being dehydrated slows down your exercising and makes you feel weak.  Drink water before, during and after exercise.  I keep a reusable water bottle with me.

Not a water drinker? Want to become one?

Here are some tips to start drinking more water....

1. How much water?~ That eight 8oz. of water a day recommendation is a myth.  There are so many different factors that you need to take into consideration.  Does your food have water?  All fruits and veggies do!  You are getting a few ounces of water by eating many fruits and veggies throughout the day.  It also depends on how much exercise you do or how sick you are. 

2. Schedule?~ I have seen many websites say that you should make a schedule, set a reminder or something like that.  If that works for you awesome!  Do whatever it takes to keep yourself from being dehydrated.  If you are thirsty, you are dehydrated. 

3. Cup, Bottle, Mug?~ it doesn't matter what you put the water in, just make sure you are drinking it.  I have many many many reusable bottles.  I LOVE them!  I also found some fun straws (color changing) that I like to use.  They are BPA free bottles with fun designs, the one I'm using now has a ladybug on it (See above).  You are more likely to drink water if you have it with you then having to track it down.   

4. Track It~ If it helps you, write down how much water you drink and when.  Put it on a sticky note, put it on the calendar in your phone or whatever works for you. 

Just remember, you are 80% water and you need to replace the water your lose throughout the day.
Just please don't drink water like my cats :)

No comments:

Post a Comment