Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 1-2


The fat girl in the corner? Yeah, that's right! That's me... I have always been a little chunky. As I got older, I got bigger. At my heaviest I was 320 pounds. I don't ever want to see that again!
(This picture was taken 12/24/2011 I'm tired of looking like this!)

In 2011, I had many major events happen to me.
#1 I had a rough break up after 2 year
#2 I turned 30
#3 I lost my grandmother. She was the last of my grandparents. That was a huge shock and it was completely unexpected.
#4 I got accepted into Graduate School.
#5 In October I lost my step-dad. His death for me was a wake up call. The closest person of the next generation to me that has passed away.
#6 I have also started a new relationship.

All of these events and knowing that I haven't really done anything about my weight have sparked a renewed sense of yearning.
I yearn to walk from my classroom to the top floor without being seriously winded.
I yearn to be healthy.
I yearn to feel good.
I yearn to no longer be the fat girl in the corner.

For support and for encouragement, I have started this blog to hold myself accountable!
I will be joining the Y on Friday after I get my financial aid refund.
Since I am the kind of person that if it's not written down, I won't do it, I will be scheduling exercise into my days.

I need to do this for me!

I WILL NO LONGER BE "THE FAT GIRL IN THE CORNER!!!!!"

1 comment:

  1. Bekka you bring tears to my eyes...I know how you feel. I miss you and think this is a wonderful thing you are doing!

    ReplyDelete