Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Saturday, January 21, 2012

January 21st

This week has been very difficult for me.

First, I was away from home and work for 3 days.  I was in Oklahoma City for a conference for NEA. I had a lot of fun once I got out of the boring stuff. I met a lot of great people and made some great connections.  When you get 600 educators in a room together, things can get quite entertaining!

Second, yesterday was my grandfather's birthday.  I thought about him all day.  I miss the "old goat" every day.  I was quietly asking him to please help keep me safe during my travels.

Third, I have made some mistakes this week.  I really didn't have much control over what was served.  I know that there were some alternatives that I could have taken.  I could have taken my own meals, I could have asked for the vegetarian version.  There were lots of "could haves."  What is boils down to is not taking control.

Lessons learned is this.  You have to be proactive about your health.  No one can do it for you.  Now that I know this, I have some serious work ahead of me.  I have some things that need to be done to get back on track.

I will not let this slip keep me from my ultimate goal.  My ultimate goal is health. 

I worked really hard today at my workouts.  I know that I need to step up my game. 

Thought of the day:
Fun-sized Snickers? Who’s this fun for? Not me. I need six or seven of these babies in a row to start having fun.
Jeff Carlin

No comments:

Post a Comment