Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January 24th Happy Birthday to Me!!!!!!

Thank you everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes!  31 has started out on a wonderful high note!  This is MY year!  I just feel it!

So it was one year ago today that my ex broke up with me.

I have decided that there are some wonderful things that have come out of this.
#1 I made it to graduate school! It is VERY time consuming and I have the support of my friends and family.  Everyone is very understanding of the time it takes away from them.

#2 I have become more outgoing and more ME!

#3 I have more money! I have money to do what I need to do now.  Bills are getting paid on time and in full.  I have been able to buy things that I want.

#4 I have met a wonderful guy that not only supports everything I do but is a wonderful father to his kids. Although we don't see each other very often, I know that he cares deeply for me just as I do him. He's been there for my family and for me during a very difficult time.  I don't think I could ever repay him for that.

#5 I wouldn't have had the opportunity to go to the conference this last week. I learned a lot about a lot of things.  I feel very blessed to have opportunities like this.

#6 I don't think I would have been able to start this weight loss journey. It's easy to eat better when you are cooking for yourself

Overall, this breakup was a good thing!  I have become a better person because of him.

I am back down to the weight I was last week when I left for the conference.  I would like to be down more than I am but I understand I had some setbacks and I need to focus on my health this week.  Tomorrow night I will be spending some more time at the gym and adding to my workout.  Thursday I have time with Trainer Joe!  I'm actually looking forward to it.

I have felt off for the last week.  I know it's because I haven't been working out like I need to.  My whole week was off last week.  It's time to step up the intensity and duration.  My calorie intake is just fine, no problems on that front now that I am home and in more control.

Tonight I was interviewed by one of our local news anchors!!!!  She is amazing and I'm tickled pink. The news team is here!  The interview is going awesome and I feel absolutely wonderful!  In fact as I am typing this they are filming me! :)  Hi Christa and Andy!

So today's food intake worked well for me, I feel like I am back to doing what I need to do.  Tomorrow..... The GYM!

I plan on going the rest of this week to play catch up.  I think it will go pretty well.  I have the trainer Thursday night and then I will be on my own.

What I would really like to do is to see how much it would cost to work with a trainer at the Y once a month or so.  I think that would help me keep on track with my exercise with calories.  The trainer would be very helpful to me.  He would really help me keep on track and I think that it would be a good way to be accountable to myself and to others.  Unfortunately, it can be quite expensive even at the Y so I will definitely have to see.

One final note for today, even though we are going through tough times, there is always a smile to be had or laughter to be heard.  I'm fortunate to work with kindergarten and first graders so they always find ways to make me smile.  They are wonderful kids and I am really lucky to have the chance to work with them.

Thought of the Day:
Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.
Alice Walker

1 comment:

  1. I watched you type this on the news this evening!

    One thing I think you've not noticed in all this is that being healthy is your new 'comfort zone." Isn't it the coolest that being inactive and eating icky foods are not only far from normal now, they're also not where you like to be. That right there is an accomplishment, no matter what that stupid scale says. :)

    ReplyDelete