Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23rd

This is the start of a very busy week.  Lots of papers, lots of stress...

What is beauty?  Beauty is defined by Merriam-Webster as the quality or aggregate of qualities in a person or thing that gives pleasure to the senses or pleasurably exalts the mind or spirit : loveliness

Some say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  But is it really?

There are many ways to talk about a fat person. 
Lard Ass
Fat Ass
Tuba Luba
Hippo
Gross weight 
Vast
Hawg
Double wide
Wide load
Pig
Chair crusher
Sweat hawg
Blob
Crisco Kid
Butterball
Aisle Blocker


Others say "cute face, chubby waist"(to be nice), there is even a song with that title.
*I like to refer to myself as zaftig, look it up, it's a nice word

Anyway you look at it, it's bullying.  

I had mentioned in a previous post some ways that I was bullied as a child/teen.  Adults can be just a cruel.

I remember a time in college when I went to sit in the desk chair and I got stuck.  The laughter made me feel awful.  I also remember that annoying PE class we had to take.  I dreaded Tuesdays and Thursday because that was PE day.  I hated it.  At least I knew that there were people there that didn't want to be.  

I hate going to an all you can eat place, I feel like if I get up even one time, everyone is looking at me and thinking "she shouldn't eat that" "she's fat enough."  Although probably not true, it is how I feel.  Walking through Wal-Mart one day, a couple of teenagers were in the aisle with me.  To make fun of me, they plastered themselves up against the shelves as I walked by.  Lovely children!

Next time, before you talk about someone in a negative way, remember all the times you were made fun of or your feelings were hurt by something someone said.  

If you can't remember a time like then, then maybe, just maybe, you were the one hurting someone's feelings.  

Thought of the Day:
Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.
Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment