Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 11th

I admit it... I watch Dr. Phil!  Yeah, I know it's crappy daytime TV but it makes me happy.  There's nothing more to say about it.

So I'm watching an episode from last week and he has some women on there that are poking fun at their sister for her weight.  I actually thought the sisters were way too skinny and the "overweight" sister looked healthy and beautiful in comparison.  During the show Dr. Phil was giving weight loss "tips".  I believe he had 4.  Normally, I wouldn't pay a tiny bit of attention to those tips but since I've started this journey, I decided to pay a little bit more attention.  One of his tips (I looked on his website and couldn't find them) was to reward yourself.  I've got it!  For every 5 lbs I lose, I can buy something ladybug!  I think that would be perfect for me!

His other tips were those "No duh! Really?!" moments that makes me feel like a moron for even listening to him.  One was to get moving.  Well, no shit Sherlock!  Another is to eat more meals but smaller portions.  Okay, yeah, I get that one too.  Eat more often to curb your appetite and cravings.  But realistically, that one only works for people that don't have a classroom full of students all day long.  I'm sure there are others that can't do it but since I'm a teacher, well, you know, it fits.  His 4th tip was something that was "no duh!" moment but I just can't remember what it was.

Bottom line is this....

To lose weight you have to get off your @$$ and get moving.  You also have to eat healthier foods and watch your portions.  It's okay to have a piece of cake now and then but should your piece of cake be the size of the elephant man's baby's head?  I think not!  A good way to look at dessert is that it shouldn't be the size of your dinner.  A piece of cake should be half the size of your fist.

I know it sucks but I have started measuring my food to see what exactly I'm eating.  It's amazing what you think one portion looks like and what one portion really is.  Try it!

If you are looking for something sweet, my stepmom has some pretty awesome advice.  Take one (1) piece of chocolate and place it on your tongue letting it melt.  DON'T CHEW!  You will get a longer lasting sensation of that chocolatey goodness that you crave.

Today's quote is a little funny and a little true...
Strength is the ability to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of those pieces. ~Judith Viorst

P.S.  I'm ready for my close-up Mrs. Dubill! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment