Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Friday, April 6, 2012

Focus on Fit

While looking up something entirely not related on WebMd today, I came across the article "Focus on Fitness, Not Fatness".  I had to stop and read it because it sounded interesting.

As I was reading the article, nothing new was discovered, no "aha!" moment was had.  But what it did have for me was the moment when I discovered that what I'm doing is correct.  Here is a link to the article...
http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/guide/focus-on-fitness-not-fatness

The author of the article is right, America and the Western civilizations are obsessed with weight and skinny.  Google fashion magazine covers, what do you find?  You will find the skinny mini models that have been photoshopped anorexic.  This kind of behavior from photo editors should not be tolerated.  I want to be seen as me and not as something Photoshopped.

Don't get me wrong, I have wanted to Photoshop myself skinny to see what I would look like but I have refrained from it for many reasons, the biggest reason is because it is not healthy for me to do so.  Why do that to yourself?

On the exercise front...
I went to the community college tonight for my exercise.  I walked one lap (1/4 mile), jogged 2 laps (1/2 mile), walked 1 lap (1/4 mile) and jogged 2 laps (1/2 mile).  So that would be jogged 1 mile and walked 1/2 mile.

I got to ogle the police academy guys running.  That was motivation tonight :)  Yummy eye candy!

I can totally see why people run.  I never thought I would be running.  I enjoy the high that I get when I'm finished.

I'm hoping the weather remains nice this weekend so I can go back to the track.

Until tomorrow...

Thought of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment