Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Stronger

As I was browsing through the wallpapers for my phone I found one that says "Stronger".  I went on and didn't look back.  When I couldn't find one that I liked, I went back to stronger.  For some reason it stands out to me...

I think I know why.

Lots of things have happened in the last year.  I am a stronger person because of the things that have happened.  Everyday the things that happen make me a better person.

For example, I am 9 days without soda.  To be honest, I don't miss it.  Iced tea, coffee and water seems to be enough.  I admit that I saw a co-worker with a Diet Cherry Coke today and wanted to rip it out of her hands and chug it.  I even tried to figure out if I had enough money to buy a pop.  I decided to chew a piece of gum and that seemed to fix the craving.

My body is stronger as well.  I was amazed at how much stronger I was today while doing my strength training.  4 months ago I never would have imagined myself here.  I am lifting weights, running 1 mile in 1/2 mile increments and preparing for a 5k.

If you can make it to the 6 month mark, you have changed your lifestyle and can keep it up.  I have made up my mind that this is a permanent change.

I am a stronger person for making these changes.

Overall, stronger is my new motto.

What's your motto for your new and better life?

*There is no thought of the day, just the question above.  What you do with it is up to you...




2 comments:

  1. In honor of your new motto, you need to listen to the song Stronger, by Mandisa!! It is wonderful!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vih1xwxQUIo

    Enjoy!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete