Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Monday, February 13, 2012

February 13th

Winter... You are an evil mistress!

I have been struck down with a sinus infection and an ear infection.  It's making my stomach completely irritated!

My doc gave me anti-biotics and something to help with the nausea.  I'm also back to using the Neti pot twice a day.  Not something I really want to do but what can you do.

Tomorrow is my trainer day!  I can't wait for him to see how far I've come!  I know he is going to be impressed.  Of course, not being able to breathe makes it a little difficult to work out but it will not stop me.

Trader Joe's has some really good food!  Yesterday I had gnocchi with Gorgonzola cheese, grilled chicken and some salad with jicima.  It was so tasty and only about 500 calories!  I think I can get used to this!  I don't mind spending a few extra dollars to get food that is good for me and tastes amazing!

Of course, it's also worth the 3 mile drive because a gallon of organic 2% milk is only $2.98!  To buy a gallon of organic 2% milk at the grocery store is double that price.

Okay, so 3 miles doesn't seem like much but remember, I live in the KC metro and 3 miles is like an eternity!  I counted yesterday and I went through 16 stop lights (there and back).  A little ridiculous but well worth it!

Just some soup today to calm my stomach.  It's not great but it will help me.

Off to do some work and watch The Voice!

Thought of the Day:
Willpower is the key to success. Successful people strive no matter what they feel by applying their will to overcome apathy, doubt or fear.
Dan Millman

No comments:

Post a Comment