Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Friday, February 17, 2012

February 17th, I am a spaz!

Yesterday I went to see my doctor that did my keloid surgery a few years ago.  She was very happy to see me even though I got a steroid shot to try to soften the tissue again.

We got to talking about my weight and this journey.  For the 2012 tax season, I guess I can deduct all of the payments I make to the Y for monthly membership fees and my trainer fees.  I need to start printing my monthly bank statement.

So, funny story, I was watching the Simpsons today and the episode comes on where Homer decides to start working out and goes to a gym (pronounced, Guy-m).

I actually laughed for a good 5 minutes.  Homer's clumsiness and stupidity at the machines was totally me!!

I feel like such a spaz!  I know that isn't true but I still feel like it.  I think once it becomes second nature, I won't feel like a spaz.

So enjoy Homer....



Well, tomorrow is cardio and strength training.  The goal, 50 minutes on the stationary and 30 strength training.

The Lexexa Y is awesome!  I just love the people there!  One thing I would change though is that there  is a Japanese steakhouse or something right down from there.  You can smell it!  Yes it's the fat but I don't care, it smells so good!

Tomorrow's journey is to spaz out on the equipment.  I'm hoping to get in on Monday since I can't get in there on Tuesday.

Busy weekend!  Workout, clean house, school work, homework, oh and a few naps in there too!  LOL!

Thought of the Day:
We were made to exercise. We feel better.
Bob Greene

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rebekkah!

    I just wanted you to know that I saw your segment on the news and I'm so impressed with your progress.

    We're made to feel ashamed to be overweight and then ashamed as we try to get healthier. I've decided that it doesn't matter what anyone says or thinks about my journey. I'm setting and achieving goals and I feel good about myself. I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting and following me!

    I don't feel ashamed at the Y. There are many women and men that are "fluffy" there. Most of the time when I am there, it is late afternoon/early evening so there are a lot of older folks around.

    I have felt ashamed many times before. It's hard to get over, no doubt!

    I don't care what others say. I'm me and that's the way it's going to be!

    Adrianne, are you working out anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about that. I don't care who has to watch me get my sweat on. I'm doing what I have to regardless!

      I also belong to the Y. I typically use Quality Hill in KCMO and the 8th Street and Providence locations in KCKS.

      Delete