Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 21st, Some friend time

There are times in life when you just need the support of a friend.  

Tonight was just one of those nights.  After a long day, I needed some friend time.  Luckily, Lynn is a TMobile subscriber so we could chat.  Our marathon chat sessions would get expensive if we weren't able to get mobile to mobile :)

Its always nice to talk to someone that is outside of your work and daily life.  She lives in Texas so we get to see each other, maybe once a year if we are lucky.  Last summer I went to visit her.  It was my first trip to TX and I had many other firsts. 

Lynn and I may go months without having a phone conversation.  We text each other a few times a week.  Sometimes it's a quick few back and forth and sometimes it's many over the course of a few hours.  Depends on our moods.  But one thing is for sure, we know we are friends.  We know that no matter what, we are there for each other.

Tonight we talked for over 3 hours.  That is nothing compared to some marathon calls we have had.  It's funny, we say we are going to get off the phone but then one of us says something and 20 minutes later we are still talking.  We always seem to never run out of things to say.  It was like that even when I was down there.  We seemed to always have something to talk about. 

Jessica lives in Colorado, has 4 kids (3 that she gave birth to and the big kid she married :)  I love you Nicky!!)  We went almost 3 years without seeing each other!  She was pregnant with her middle child one of the last times I saw her.  Then as luck would have it, she was in Emporia in June 2011!  I finally got to meet 2 of her 3 babies!  I miss them so much!  I got to see them again in November.

We don't talk on the phone much, our texts may go unanswered for days, emails aren't sent much, and we comment on Facebook now and again.  Some might say that we have grown apart.  It's interesting though that we could call each other and it's like we are picking up where a conversation just left off.  We don't have to communicate every day to be close.  We love each other through thick and thin.  I know that I have her support no matter what and vice versa.  

I have to say that I have friends that live all over the US, but some of the most important ones live out of state.  I hate that!  I could definitely use some up all night, watching TV, having a drink, gossiping time with them.  

I know I'm leaving people out but I do know that my friendships are very important to me.  I've known Jessica for 16 years and Lynn for 12.  After all this, we are still going strong.  I want to be 80 years old, sitting in a nursing home, bickering with these 2 ladies over who's turn it is to get the wine!

Thought of the Day:
A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil; but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small, silly presents every so often - just to save it from drying out completely.
Pam Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment