Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Sunday, March 11, 2012

March 11th, Motivation

It was a cool, rainy day!  Perfect craft and napping weather!

I spent about 30 minutes cleaning the house today, that's a good caloric workout, make sure you count it!

I had seen something on Pinterest about Weight Loss jars.  So I decided to make my own!  These are more motivation jars.  Here are the steps...

Gather your materials... Glass jars ($1.97 each at Walmart), Mod Podge, disposable brushes, paint pens, and cut outs from magazines.





 Brush a thin layer of Mod Podge on the glass jar where you want your cut out.  Brush a thin layer of Mod Podge on top of the cut out.

While the Mod Podge is still wet, smooth out the wrinkles.




While Mod Podge is drying, write whatever it is you want to on the lids of the jars.  This is my weight loss lid.

 You can use the paint pens to write directly on the glass jars.  I put a thin layer of Mod Podge over the paint.  Just a word of warning... if you swipe the brush over the paint, it will remove so I had to dab it on.

 The finished products!  I hope you can use something like this in your life.  You could use this idea for just about anything.  I will update pictures when there is money in the jars :)


1 comment:

  1. I made myself 2 jars as well.. Pounds Lost and Pounds To Go! I have marbles in them that are worth .5 pounds each and each week after my weigh in a move marbles to the pounds lost jar! I get sooo excited when I get to move marbles!! LOL

    ReplyDelete