Endorsements

"Candid, amusing & blunt everyday stuff. Love!" @

Monday, March 26, 2012

One Hill of a Problem

Did you see what I did there?  Huh?
Well, anyway, bad humor aside, I have a problem.  It's not really a problem as much as an obstacle.  A problem is solved but an obstacle, you conquer those!

So this obstacle... it's a hill.  A pretty steep one.  It doesn't seem so bad in the car. :)

Today was day 2 of the hill.  Friday I tried it for the first time.  I huffed and puffed my way up the hill.  I thought I would collapse at the top and couldn't figure out how I would get home.  I just didn't think I would make it.  But I pushed on, got to the top, and finished my walk.

Tonight I tried it again.  My lungs are getting stronger, I pushed on, only had to stop once.  That was not my fault though.  Getting hit by a car would not have been positive to my journey :)

I got back to the bottom of the hill after going through a really nice neighborhood.  When I got to the bottom, I had only one thing left to do. I had made a goal to jog/run from my apt to the complex entrance. So I started at the sign to the complex and jogged to my apt.  It is a little more than a 1/2 mile.  I jogged/ran non-stop to my apt.  I just wanted to cry from pride!

I know I will be running the 5k.  I can feel it.

But for now, with my body screaming at me, I am going to go to bed with my heating pad.  Strength trainer with the trainer tomorrow :)

Get outside and enjoy the weather!

Thought of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment